View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca_PR View Post
I'm pretty sure I've read in many threads that the 370z and 350z MT diff housing are larger than the AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix 808 View Post
Instead of doing a carrier split on the differential like a lot of axel manufactures do, they manufactured 2 different housings. Though they may look they same visually, they are different on dimensions internally which is critical when setting up the gears dealing with 1000/ths of an inch

OP, also change the diff bushings out while your at it. Whiteline or Daystar

Couldn't find a definitive answer when searching the forums. Must not have looked in the right spot.

I was hoping to find a part number(s) for the housing but it appears that Nissan doesn't sell the housing by its self so they don't list the part number. All the diagrams with part numbers has a line pointing at the housing with the label "Not For Sale". The only way to get a new housing is to buy the whole differential.