View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffenblackma View Post
You could always call, your insurance company and ask them if your rates would go up if you filed a claim. Im 25 and have been in two accidents one of which was when I was 23 and it was almost $16,000 in damages, and my rates have not gone up. I have USAA.
It isn't that simple--at least not in my area. My son had a very minor incident in the car I handed down to him. I called the agent prior to filing a claim, and he was reluctant to tell me anything beyond "maybe." Almost no guidance at all.

I had a similar issue with my homeowner's insurance (with a different company) a year ago. Extreme reluctance to give me any guidance at all regarding what effect filing a claim would have on my future rates.

I ended up deciding to file on both, but my decisions were not assisted at all by any guidance I received from my agents.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask, but OP might need to temper his expectations.

Good luck getting it resolved, OP!
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote