View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 05:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtodd View Post
Keep the strakes parallel all the way. If you were doing full cf mold you might benefit from molding them together to a point in the center, but unlikely. The point is to have the flow as smooth and linear as possible while accelerating the airflow under and out of the car.

Unless you have one crazy massive wing mount hanging it back several feet from the rear of the car, you're not getting any activation of the wing from the diffuser, so it's all about drag and air speed underneath the car. I'd put some small strakes at the end of the blades or just to the inside of the tires as well. Keep the air underneath from exiting along the doors and wheels.

As I said on Facebook. In all my models I lost attachment after 12 degrees or so, but your mileage may vary with real world testing. You can always use the string and GoPro test method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean like this..... | | | | and not like this / | | \??

With string and a go pro what I am I looking for? What's it look like if you have lost attachment?

The plan right now is a full flat bottom and the flat bottom will extend past the side skirts maybe 4-5 inches. The diffusor will have 8 fins and so far all are parallel to each other and parallel to the ground. I'll finish today and post a pic.

What do you small strakes at the end on the blades?