View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 06:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
enkei2k
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 G41 B/S M6
enkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Need Help!!! Possible Catalytic Converter failure…

New to the Z world, so I have some basic questions…. I purchased this 2015 Z a few months ago and am currently only driving the car about once a week.

Here’s my problem, I notice that I am getting an odd smell from the car. Not sure if it’s unburnt fuel, or something melting. The smell seems to stay around the car for hours. The only thing that I can think of is the exhaust system. If the catalytic converter is faulty, I definitely want this covered under warranty. I am buying a quality brand Premium fuel and the car seems to run just fine. With only 2,000 miles on it I am certainly concerned about this.

Been thinking about taking it back to the Stealership so they can check it out with their diagnostic equipment that they use for these types of issues. The only reason I haven’t made an appointment with them yet, is that I am concerned that the symptoms won’t show up at the dealership and they will think I’m just a complainer.

So now it happened again last night, just like the week before. I noticed it when the wife and I returned from the weekly “All You Can Eat” Chili supper just down the road at a little local eatery. After the ride back, I almost had to leave the garage door up all night to clear the stench.

Any advice, before I take this to the next level?

Thanks,

-Spoiler
pretty sure it's this...