View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute
Default fLat bottomed (girls) make the race car go round!!!

Its begun. Time for a flat bottomed car and a rear diffusor.

So far the car has a front splitter that goes back about 4 feet covering where the old shield used to be. Now ive got another 2 feet about to go on with this template i made (just need matterial i wanna use). The rest of the way back should be pretty simple cutting out spots like where the exhuast flanges hang a little low and going out far past the side skirts for some side splitter action.

Now onto the rear diffusor. Im still not sure what to do but this is what i have so far. The diff cooler bracket i made to catch air under the car and force it up into the cooler has what seems to be a 15.2* up angle. A 458 i tested had a 17* up angle but ive also seen flat diffusors. Guess this is as good as its gonna get without a wind tunnel. Now on a rainy day on the highway a huge rooster tail can tell a lot about a diffusor. Im also not sure how many fins to use or if they should be straight or taper out like ive seen after the center 2 like this / | | \.

What i did since the car was up in the air, i ran a string from the front to the back touching points of the car. This insured the flat bottom will be flat and that the fins are parallel to the ground. So far ive made 2 fins that are 10" apart. I dont know if ill have 4, 6, or 8. These 2 are straight as a arrow.

Any thoughts from here????

Last edited by synolimit; 01-20-2016 at 10:42 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote