View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 08:59 PM   #3966 (permalink)
VitViper
Base Member

Drives: 15 370Z
VitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmam View Post
The member " Megan370z " has plenty to tell you about the VVEL ladder failure. I talked to him 1.5 year ago and I believe that he told me that he sustained 8000 rpm from time to time at the time attack race. His VVEL ladder and arms were heavily damaged. He has been trying to get the VQ35HR heads on his 3.7L block since then. I personally believe that occasional 8000 rpm revving is fine with the VVEL head, but how long can it be safely sustained is questionable.
What exactly is failing on them -- we can look at making upgraded parts? I have the VVEL control already mapped out and working on my custom MoTeC firmware I'm developing for our car. Just kind of lazy about wiring that ECU as I am just enjoying driving the car right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmam View Post
Are your VVEL actuators new or used ? If they are used, how many miles on them if you know. Thanks
Not sure, since they are used any mileage claim I take with a grain of salt. They are in working order and nothing odd about them.
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote