View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_BMW330i View Post
I subscribe to all of the major US car magazines and I am convinced that they only review the cars that the manufactures provide them. So apparently Nissan is not very keen on making 370z's available for articles or comparos, etc.

The number of Mustang, Camaro, and Corvette first drives, reviews, comparos, etc is maddening. Every month its the same three cars on the cover.

I guess the print magazines are losing money hand over first and can't compete with the on-line sites like Jalopnik and have to rely on OEM handouts for cars to write about.

I would prerfer to see more variety, but you won't find it in US mags. The UK mags like Evo, Topgear, etc are much much better.
The Z stopped being provided because the mags, mainly car and driver were making incredible claims about Z braking and performance deficits. The whole braking issue had not been repeated with dozens of other worldwide magazines but C&D seemed to bring up Z brake failure even if they were reviewing motorcycles???

Why was it so stressed more than any other cars in history? It's unknown...

Then came people complaining drastically about noise in the cabin and the course sounding engine. That now no one gripes about to the level they once did. The reviewers were sickening as obviously there was some innate national brand bias propaganda going on. A sort of envy that Nissan brought forth a do it all dedicated sports car for 30k that everyone failed at. The Z used to have competitors. Saturn & Pontiac. Where are they now? The solstice was an amazing design with one of the worst suspension set-ups for a sports car in history. Yet reviewers loved it. The coupes difficulty of removing the top and lack of trunk space wasn't downed on like the Z trunk was. But the solstice had half the trunk. The Z is a little harsh up top but so are most econobox cars and they are more forgiving of those. Yes the Z was 30k but it was playing in the performance of $55k when it came out. That was only respected the first 3 months.

It just seemed the Z was the ONLY car being criticized for being a sports car. It's like the reviewers wanted the Z to get two more seats a trunk and a sedan suspension??? Like WTF. For the first time in my life. I saw a sports car being criticized for be a real sports car.

Nissan in reality has nothing to prove against the competition. I've driven most cars n the Z price range. NOTHING comes close. Not even the FR-S. The lack of power makes it a snooze and the Z steering is comparable and actually gives slightly more feedback.

U.S. reviewers aren't worth dyck for Japanese car reviews. I do t trust them. They have their pre-selected brands to give more praise over other cars...

I'll never forget, the 2010 camaro s the gencoupe

The Hyundai beats camaro v6 in acceleration, handling, feel, feedback, higher lateral grip, weight, responsiveness, agility, visibility and ergonomics. But C&D said... The Camaro wins because it looks cooler.

Atrocious.