View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Silverstone
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo #0507
Silverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Unfortunately the tracked focused car is slower and heavier then the non track focused version. IMO the track version is the Nismo RC not the regular Nismo.
Notice I said track-oriented, not track-dedicated.

Additional weight can be attributed to a number of different things. I don't know exactly where the extra ~20lbs over Touring-trim went besides the additional bracing, welds, etc, but I'm still not sure this equates the NISMO to being the "top model" for comfort and niceties.

Not exactly an accurate comparison, but imagine a person wanting the "top model" car when they wound up with an STi instead of the normal Impreza. "Man, this thing is stiff and uncomfortable."
Silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote