View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
UNISYN
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blk MT 370Z w/ SP
UNISYN is on a distinguished road

I'm about to take my '09 in to the Nissan dealer in Longwood, FL to see about getting my transmission replaced under the extended warranty, which lasts about 20K more miles or 13 more months. I bought mine in the Seattle area with 29K miles on it in March of 2013 (I now have about 69.5K miles). My 1st to 2nd gear started grinding after the car warmed up. I just replaced the transmission and differential fluids this last weekend with Redline MT-85 and although it seems much smoother and quieter now, it didn't fix the problem. I imagine I won't have a problem since my extended warranty covers the transmission (although it didn't cover the $750 CSC replacement 9 months ago). Frustrating, but it will be nice to have a new transmission. I need to wait until I get my Potenza S-04 285/35-19 rear tires put on this coming weekend.

With so many people having synchro problems on the 6-speed MT, I'm surprised a recall wasn't issued. The tranny replacement would normally be around $3K, so obviously Nissan wants to keep costs down and do it on a case-by-case basis.
UNISYN is offline   Reply With Quote