View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #3957 (permalink)
VitViper
Base Member

Drives: 15 370Z
VitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmam View Post
I totally agree with the efficiency. It is quite good. However, the very big downside is that the VVEL heads are not rebuildable since the VVEL ladders are not to be disassembled per Nissan and therefore if your intake valves clearance are out of specs and/or if you need to replace any of the intake valves components, you are out of luck since Nissan do not sell them separately from the heads. In this case, you must buy the entire head assembly, which is very expensive. Also, the VVEL actuator can be quite costly too.
I have two fully functioning spare VVEL actuators sitting here... been using them for some R&D. They cost me $150 each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmam View Post
For normally aspirated motors, it probably can squeeze more HP than any other non-VVEL heads, but really for forced induction, I would very much prefer either the VQ35HR or the VR38DETT heads since the difference is not worth the cost for cylinder head replacement. Also, if you wish to rev higher than 8000 rpm on a built motor, the VVEL system is a definite limiting factor. Just my opinion, that's all.
What's wrong with the VVEL system and higher rpm?
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote