Thread: Should I go FI?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
zguynate
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z
zguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond repute

Its an expensive journey but its totally worth it. Theres nothing quite like driving a boosted Z.

As far as reliability, that is really dependent on you. If you want reliability, I would keep the boost low. Boost at 7psi is amazing and what I would consider really safe. The most important part about any forced induction build is the tune. Do not cheap out on the tune. With a good tune and low boost, your car should be able to handle anything you can throw at it with proper maintenance. There will always be a chance of your motor blowing. Depending on your setup, the chance maybe extremely low or fairly high. Do a lot of research and find what suites your needs.

From personal experience, the BP kit is excellent. Its very simple in design and easy to fix things if something goes bad. Sasha is the man when it comes to customer service. Every now and then its tough to get in contact with him because of reasons stated above, but he always comes through. He's a stand up guy. Not to mention the performance of the kit. Its pretty amazing as well.