Thread: Should I go FI?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 03:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
BOLIO 671
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: To & From then Back
BOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARrado15 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to continue doing a little bit more research before pulling the trigger. As for other mods, what exactly is recommended for supporting mods to FI? I'm already going to be installing a lightwheel flywheel, as well as upgraded clutch and upgraded CSC and i've got the Stillen Catback exhaust (not sure about compatibility with the BP kit) with Stock cats and headers.
You're on the right track with the mods you have planned with your drivetrain.....you will also need to consider an oil cooler (34 row recommended), may want to upgrade ur radiator......I personally would use ur stock one til u need to replace it....just make sure that your fan timing is done during ur tune to keep temps decent....An LSD If you don't have one...if u have the stock one u may need to upgrade depending on how u drive ur car and what ur goals are (I.e. heavy tracking), and brakes. ...u will need to do an upgrade ur brake kit and suspension to help put down and stop all that extra power.

The Stillen exhaust will work with the BP kit but some.guys have upgraded to the F.I. 3 inch exhaust....your stock headers will be replaced with the exhaust manifolds with the turbos so no worry there, but u may want to go with TP's if you don't have emission issues in ur area....going F.I. will give u an increase in EGT'S which will burn out ur stock cats in the long run...plus u will just get more HP with a less restrictive exhaust....The stock cats are the most restrictive part in the 370Z exhaust set up....you will also need to invest In a boost gauge, AFR gauge, and a boost controller at the very least.

Take ur time.....it's a good chunk of change to put down and invest...I was on the fence for 2 years before I finally pulled the trigger.
2013 Nismo Z34 / FI TT #091 / IG: @lilzilla_z34
BOLIO 671 is offline   Reply With Quote