Thread: Should I go FI?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 02:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
BOLIO 671
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: To & From then Back
BOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond repute

Going F.I. is totally reliable as long as u keep up with ur maintenance. ...there's quite a few guys/gals on here that have gone F.I. for years and put thousands of miles on their car....just like anything else, if u abuse the $#! T out of it.....it won't last long....you're basically gonna have to do more monitoring and attention to details when you go F.I. You need to monitor ur oil and water temps your boost and constantly make checks for leaks etc. ...running ur car in bad conditions whether F.I. or N/A isn't good.

In regards to the Stillen kit....Idk but it works great for me and fits my needs. ...there are others that are not happy with the kit....but the way I look at it you gotta look at what's out there....know what you're gonna buy and realize what the kits limitations are.....If you have aspirations to break high 400WHP or 500WHP then I will tell you that the Stillen kit is not for you.....you can upgrade but it will cost u a lot of money and frustration and would be better off with a Turbo kit...A lot of people got frustrated with the Stillen kit because of its limitations and complexity of upgrading.....I personally went with the Stillen kit because it fit what I needed and have no intentions of getting anything more than what the kit can produce with a good tune....that's just me.....others have bigger goals and prefer a Turbo kit which will surely produce more HP....and that works for them.....

As for the BP kit it is what it is.....and IMHO you will get the most bang for ur buck with this kit.....reviews are there and the owner of the company stands behind his product and has been helpful with his customers when issues came up.....there were some complaints of him being off the grid when they some customers were trying to get a hold of him, but he was on vacation at the time... he is not a big company Ike Stillen or F.I. and builds his kits on a time schedule in house......considering that the guy has a life and family that come first before anything this is totally understandable that he did not reply during those times. I personally like the BP and F.I. kits.....if you're on a budget I will let u know that the BP kit will not disappoint. Tony and the F.I. crew offer a great product and customer service is top notch....AAM also has a great kit with good customer service as well...you have more options on choosing a kit on the Turbo side of the house.

As far as install the Stillen kit is a lot easier to install than any Turbo kit and will take u an average of 10-15 hours as it doesn't require u to drop the motor.....doing a Turbo Install can be done without the motor being dropped, but it will take u a lot longer, make u more frustrated and present complications when trying to torque certain parts down as the engine bay is tight. ...you're better off dropping the motor for a turbo install.

In the end it's your car.....figure out what you want.....what fits your needs....what ur HP goals are (long term) what your budget is and do a lot of reading and research to decide what kit you want to go with. You will need to buy some other things with an F.I. upgrade so be prepared for that...Best of luck to you man.
2013 Nismo Z34 / FI TT #091 / IG: @lilzilla_z34

Last edited by BOLIO 671; 01-16-2016 at 03:04 AM.
BOLIO 671 is offline   Reply With Quote