View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
The idea of having a brand new car painted seems nuts to me. I have already had bad experiences with having body work/respray work done. It turned out to be a disaster. My Infiniti was taken back to the shop 3 times, because they did not do good work. I'm not going through that hassle again.
They didn't paint it. They applied a "coating" as they called it. I know that it was just some stupid wax product that probably won't last more than a couple of months even though they claim that it lasts for five years

But the fact is they had to prep the car for application by polishing it. And they did a terrible job the first time. The second time was much better overall except for two panels. The third time was even better but there was still one long scratch on the trunk lid. I made them acknowledge that it was there and then drove off without letting them fix it.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote