View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
VitViper
Base Member

Drives: 15 370Z
VitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond reputeVitViper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vit's FI TT 370Z Lives! - THE MoTeC M1 370Z

After months of waiting and a week long install... the Fast Intentions kit is on and the car is tuned on ECUTek by your's truly.

I have to say -- the wait was worth it. IMO this is by far the best value for your money, and the best put together kit on the market for this car. I opted for the upgraded HTA turbos with the Alpha covers and Tial housings. And let me say: spool is in no way affect. This TT kit outspools and downright just slaughters the single turbo 6262 370Z we did a few weeks ago. The TT setup makes more power *everywhere* even on "lower" boost levels, and comes in sooner and much faster.

If people aren't seeing the same... I think it's simply because the car is ramping too fast on the roller dynos and the pulls start at kind of a "high" rpm (ie, if you floor it at 2500, the car will start ramping and the spool is relative to that). On a Dynapack the motor is loaded and "settled" regardless of what RPM I start at, and I do like tuning the whole curve as well.

The TT kit makes positive pressure at 1500 rpm... 1.5psi. On steady state testing it was making 10psi @ 2500 rpm, 12psi @ 3000 rpm when I let off.

For reference, the car made 278whp stock on our dyno.

So what's she make? This is our 92 octane pump gas. Blue is HP, yellow is TQ, purple is boost.

Complimentary dyno video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-5pGvd1xmU

4.5psi wastegate pressure - 436whp & 400wtq

8psi - 525whp & 475wtq

10psi - 554whp & just a hair shy of 500wtq

The 2.75" maf housings peg the MAFs at about 9psi on my car. On 10psi it's a bit on the conservative side due to the afr starting to lean out after 6500 (quite apparent on the graph -- she wants more fuel). With a bit more fuel I feel that 10psi would of made 565-570whp. I will be switching the car to SD when I do the E85 tune sometime in the future.

And here's a comparison of my car on 8psi vs a comparable boost level. Solid is my TT car, dashed is the single turbo 6262 car. Also tuned on ECUTek.

I was alittle wow'd by how badly the single turbo setup got stomped. It's almost 200wtq more @ 3000 rpm!

The guys at FI were stellar -- I look forward to doing more of these kits.

Last edited by VitViper; 12-06-2016 at 10:59 PM.
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote