View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #59 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukcas61 View Post
So, you are saying just because I have a Z that I have to take her to the track as well just because I have a sports car? I don't like this mind set of people here in the forums with tires. Sure, depending on location and what the owner wants to get out of the car get the very best but for daily driving and not going over 80 mph what's the point of spending thousands of dollars on tires?

I don't care what people say about my choice of tires because in the end I know what my limitations are and what my goals are for my car.

I understand though that you shouldn't also just get the worst tire out there just to save some money.

I'm happy with these Comp2 A/S's and I was very confident going 80 today in the rain and it gripped pretty well on the highway.
it's not about going to the track. it's a sports car that has enough balls to break traction on crappy tires.

the underlying message is you get what you pay for. you gonna get cheap tires? you're going to end up paul walkering yourself if you ever decide to get heavy footed.

getting good tires still won't stop you from paul walker'ing yourself if you fail to control your car but atleast it won't be a mechanical failure just pilot error.
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote