Thread: 370z Vs. 335i
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #66 (permalink)
alan93rsa
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 16 Cayman GT4 Red
alan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond repute

Follow-up:

Sorry, left out the acceleration. The 335i has more grunt down low which is a given. So it is a great car around town. But the Z pulls pretty hard and just feels better going through the range. The sound, the gears the seating just adds up to great package. You feel more involved.

On the value side. I ended up with what I thought was a good deal for my car. I believe if were to trade again next year I would NOT lose as much with the Z. In particular considering the economy. My car was a purchase not a lease. What is funny is that my BMW salesman called me this morning wanting to know what kind of car I am buying. It seems that BMW financial calls the selling dealer to alert them that a non BMW dealer has requested payoff information on the account. My salesman was pretty hot to get a ride in the Z.

One other item. I have raced with PCA and HSR along with working with a lot of clubs at numerous tracks over the years. I can't wait to get the Z to Mid-Ohio. Never tracked the 335i. It just didn't stir the emotions enough to go through the effort.
alan93rsa is offline   Reply With Quote