View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #33 (permalink)
hooey_b
Base Member

Drives: 2008 G37S 6MT
hooey_b is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
OP,
1st check tire pressure.

2nd tire wear. Get under the Z and have a good look at the inside of the rear tires.

3rd check your alignment. If the toe is zero to pointing out. It will feel loose in the rear. Also it will give you snap-over steer. For street (DD) you want the factory spec of being toe in. Zero toe and out is not for beginners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
also for tires I typically run mine at 32-34psi
i agree. tire wear is a huge culprit...i was almost on metal bands in the rear when my back end was wobbly. new tires fixed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
depends on what youre doing. highway trip and dd maybe bump em to 35ish to get good gas and wear pattern.

i like my rears around 32 to not put the tpms light on which is annoying and gets good grip when launching.
35psi is the recommended pressure...I keep them around 33 +/- 1.5psi, but I do a lot of highway travel...sometimes in mexico.

and the Toe angle could be culprit...a friend of mine, has an SC FX35. After changing his tire setup and suspension to a meatier fitment, his toe angle was off and would cause the back end to slide left and right under hard acceleration and immediately after pedal release.
hooey_b is offline   Reply With Quote