View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
hooey_b
Base Member

Drives: 2008 G37S 6MT
hooey_b is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooey_b View Post
Yeah...I think it was someone on myg37.com who told me that, one of their boys had just the tune, no extra features and goodies.

I'm going to ask ecutek if they can manage to just program one or two features in instead of the whole thing, but I'm sure that'll cost way more than nominal pricing .

After reading half the internet, I've found out two things:

1) haltech platinum pro series standalone is a good option, but that'll be a failsafe if I can't get this to work.

2) it MAY BE POSSIBLE to SWAP ECUs. After talking with Tommy (@tommyboykim on IG), it seems like I'll have to transplant the wiring harness along with the newer ecu. Meaning I have to get all the modules too.

Anyone know where I can find a list of all the control modules so I know what to burn my money on?
To answer my own question: FSM.

How To Use NICOclub.com

I'm pulling the I/O signals from the 09 and 08 and comparing the two to see if I can just do a straight up swap with minimal modifications to my wiring harness...or if I'ma have to swap out the entire control system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elperuano View Post
I don't think Haltech is available for our cars. I only know of 1 person that got it to work but he was Hal.
Word..I took a look @ the thread I saw that in on myg37.com...and both people who were showering it with praise were banned lol.

on another note, even if swapping the ECU /and wiring harness works, the car is still going to have to go to the dealership to have it reprogrammed with the VIN, NATS, and new key...everything else (all the ECU re-learning procedures) can be performed by owner.

I'll have an update probably by the end of next week with a tentative grocery list of things to make this work.
hooey_b is offline   Reply With Quote