View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drebbel
Base Member

Drives: MAT-V
Drebbel is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan 370Z wobbly at high speed

Hey everyone!

I just bought a 370z last week. A 2014 sports package/ touring with Nav.
Anyway so the weather was nice out so I decided to take it on some spirited runs, but two things have bothered me so far.

First, I WOT from second and immediately the much hated VDC kicks in and cuts the fun in half. Almost got rear ended for not expecting that. Also, the VDC is so aggressive it gives me under steer on long sweeping corners if I'm pushing.

Second, the scariest of the two. I noticed twice nowwhen at speeds of 100+ the Z feels really unstable. I can feel the back really fighting me. It doesn't feel like the back wants to kick out, it just feels like the back wants to push the car back and forth- with the car pointing straight. I tried thinking it might be a strong breeze and felt the same issue.

Honestly, I imagine maybe a wing would solve this issue. I've looked around this forum for someone experiencing this but I haven't found anyone. So far I'm very scared of this car at speed. This only happens at high speeds, anything below is okay.

And finally my last gripe. The clutch is kinda lazy. Like after depressing, I mean me pushing all the way to the bottom, it takes half a second to come back. Very noticeable when trying to shift through gears. But it's going away,

Warm regards everyone!
Drebbel is offline   Reply With Quote