View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
PSS are the best but expensive. Based on this article I chose #2, Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. Great price. Wonderful grip and very quiet. If PSS are too much go S-04. Lots of people on here recommend RE-11. Those are awesome too but pricey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNR32 View Post
I drove my GTi from Alabama to D.C. to see family. About halfway though Virginia we got some rain and I realized I needed tires ASAP. We made it to PA and I decided to get the S04. I started to strongly dislike the GTi before the S04 b/c I felt like it just didn't have the mojo that it used to and that I'd grown accustomed to with a hot hatch. That tire made me fall in love with the car again, I kept it another year. It gave me everything I wanted from a tire and none of the stuff I hated about tires. Great ride. Great price. Great dry traction and wet traction. I probably drive more mildly on the street than some of you guys, but I feel like i'd run out of road and skill before I ran out of tire on the street with the S-04.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firulice View Post
I need to get tires soon too. Why change sizes and not stay stock? Is it for looks? Performance? I'm thinking the s04's so should I stay with stock or change sizes?
I'm running S-04s on the rear now and have no complaints. The tire is probably more capable than I am as a driver and will definitely last longer than RE-11s for much cheaper.
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote