View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 10:27 PM   #36 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsEz View Post
I'm being lazy here, but I'll do if have to. I was going to remove the metal shield tomorrow for insulating, why do you have to remove the windows?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
The metal section is what supports the glass and has the motor. You must remove the glass from this piece to remove the metal section, then you need to have the glass completely out of the way to install whatever product you are using. I suppose you could wedge something in the glass/door at the top to keep it all the way up once it was removed from the supports, but this would be precarious at best and would save you almost no time from simply taking the next step and pulling it out of the weatherstripping.