View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #829 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabel View Post
Here you are the comparision between 6266 and 6766, the similar boost pressure, about 1.2-1.3 bar decreasing to 1.1 bar in case of 6266. All the dynos are with the HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller.

The key points from my point of view and experience with both turbos:

- 6266 is better for stock engine
- 6266 flow isn't sufficient for boost more than 1.3 >> 1.1 bar - you can see that on the picture, torque and HP peak at 6600RPM are decreasing rapidly, it means the turbo is on his maximum efficiency
- 6766 - the best option in my opinion, turbo lag isn't the issue here, moreover - in my application the spool is even faster!
- 6766 is the better option for the future upgrade
- 6766 spools to the very end, we put 1.4 bar currently and the boost is stable to the end

Thanks for the feedback on the turbos. What A/R turbine do you have on your built engine? 680WHP and 660ft/tq is the highest of all my 370z customers...and by the looks of it this is pump gas.

It is also very close to where my other 350z customers have been maxing out on built engines and pump gas...one managed to hit the 700whp mark with a 6766 T4 1.32 a/r turbine. This was at about 19psi of boost. The 6766 is a very capable turbo.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote