View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT article by Edmunds.com. From shorter wheelbase to sporty suspension, they all help the new Z achieve great numbers.

Quote:
Overall, Nissan's engineering teams managed to slice 225 pounds out of the package, although the addition of safety features and convenience equipment put most of it back. In the end, the 2009 Nissan 370Z is only 95 pounds lighter than the 350Z it replaces.
So, the lucky no. is 95 lbs.. I still give Nissan for keeping the weight less than 350Z even though they got a bigger engine and many highway safety rules to obey.

Quote:
These key changes help elevate the whole car to a higher level. An engineer will tell you that the car's improved structure makes it capable of delivering a more resilient ride while retaining dynamic excellence. We'll tell you that the car feels completely different, more grown up.

Quote:
Our 2009 Nissan 370Z test car also wore the optional Sport package, with forged-aluminum wheels carrying Bridgestone RE050A tires (P245/40R19s in front and P275/35R19s in the back), a brake package with four-piston aluminum front calipers plus 14.0-inch rotors in front and 13.8-inch rotors in the rear, and finally a viscous-type limited-slip rear differential.
I can get used to that!

Quote:
Of course, as relaxed as the chassis feels at sporting speed, the same can't always be said of the drivetrain. The 3.7-liter version of the VQ V6 often feels like it's stretched to the limits of its capability, as vibration grows disturbingly intense the closer you get to the engine's redline at 7,500 rpm. Meanwhile, the 19-inch Bridgestone tires roar too loudly over some kinds of pavement, enough so that a couple hours behind the wheel can be exhausting if you're traveling on a concrete freeway
So, what do you guys think? They are saying Nissan has maxed out this V6 engine. What could be the next engine for the Z? Bigger displacement or more cylinders?

Here's the http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-p....html#post3377 for discussion
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote