Thread: [WANTED] Nismo High Flow Cats
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 05:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottj23 View Post
It's only because I went with a Stillen supercharger. Stillen advises to use the O.E.M. cats, they said other aftermarket cats cannot be used.
Ok, let's clear the air, you can use any brand cat. The recommend OEM because they can take much higher heat than any HFC... That said, you can run cat-less, Stillen doesn't recommend this for a bad reason, they say you'll lose boost; this is a half truth, you'll lose boost pressure, but I doubt you'll lose noticeable power. And why run with extra boost just so you see your gauge read a few PSI higher for no good gain?

That said, running without cats smells like death, if you want to run HFCs you should run a custom setup with your HFCs welded in further down your exhaust. FI welds HFCs into the "y-pipe"