View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSoulll View Post
I will data log and see what causes the knock at low RPM and I will also post the logs here hoping for someone to point out the porblem. I can read the logs but only understand some of what happening. An expert insight would be appreciated.

Also by reviewing the logs, I would like to make sure if there is a place for more power by using a higher Octane fuel.

Thanks Jordo.
No problem -- hope my suggestions help!

Can you also make adjustments after datalogging?

Can you give me a screenshot of what variables you can datalog -- I might be able to point to some key ones to record.

Also, how does ECUtek record knock events? What does the actual output look like?

I'm sure one of us can help pin point it. One easy thing to check is to see what looks different in the various maps between a stock settings map and yours. Anything changed at part throttle would certainly be suspect. It could easily be poor VVEL settings.

If its not actually knocking, but rather some other thing is making a noise (which, BTW, can still fool the ECU into thinking you are knocking, as it just records a given deviation from recorded engine resonance, and if it passes a certain threshold, is logged as knock) then it could also be an unusual spot of valve chatter, or if you have a 7AT, a cracked flexplate -- a few folks have had that happen, and it both sounds like knocking and fools the ECU too.