View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

The antenna is something I have to check on, but thanks for the tip...I will check on it. I'm not convince I'd have to buy a new roof to get that installed even if that's the case.....I'm sure i can un-attach it and re-install the pod. And even if that's the case, worst case I can always work around by putting it else where or replace it with a Shark Fin...lol. J/K And if price for that GPS receiving antenna is way over priced by Nissan (which I doubt can be)...I'll look for an aftermarket Antenna that works with it. I'm a Mechanical Engineer and have a work shop, i'm sure I can fabricate something out of it to make it work.

But if the total costs me $4000k then obviously I will call this whole project off and use that $4K on upgrading a fully loaded Touring with Nav and make up for the difference the fully loaded touring model lacks from a 40th anniversary edition. I think it's safe to say even though it's fun doing a project as such, I can get a 370z that comes with the factory NAV and do something else with that $4000 like putting a body kit or whatever.

I mean the main things I want from the 40th anniversary edition is the red stitching, red leather seats (which I love!!), colored brakes, and smoked RIMS, and that special body color (which I can live without). Which can easily be more than $4000 as well. But if retro fitting the NAV system back to a touring NO Nav will cost me $4000k I'd simply give up all the stuff that came with the 40th anniversary edition and be much happier I didn't go with an aftermarket.

I am not putting aftermarket NAV down, but in my shoes, just seems to be a much more suitable option for me to simply get a 370z with factory NAV just don't have the color stuff listed with the 40th anniversary edition.

And not to start a war between anyone, I think the Bose sound system will work just fine for me for what I pay for...i personally listened to it on the 370z and the Inifiniti G37s and it sounds great! I don't listen music with much extra bass so it doesn't matter how "weak" the sub is or whatever else it lacks.

Also, I've already confirmed with many dealerships that the 40th Anniversary Edition only come with Touring + Sports and doesn't come with NAV as an option. They're gonna build them all the same w/o NAV for the ease of cookie cutter sake. They're not letting customer to "customize" it, they're just gonna go with what they think majority of people are "willing" to pay (...meaning no NAV since most people don't have that extra $2K nor willing to spend it on a factory NAV) and then they're just gonna distribute it to multiple dealership as-is. They don't have any incentive to please people like me that want everything.....esp when they believe that with the set price of $38K for the 40th anniversary edition is gonna sell like hot cakes. If i pass up on it, another that's willing to settle without factory NAV will buy it! As a matter of fact, they're like "even better for me since I don't want factory NAV to begin with"
Darn those people for ruining it for me! =(

Last edited by scruffydog; 12-22-2009 at 06:27 PM.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote