View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scott_f91
Base Member

Drives: 370z 7AT
Scott_f91 is on a distinguished road
Default Scotts Project 370z

So about time I got a build thread up for this I think. The 350z has gone, I sold it to Steve a few weeks back so at least it's not gone far
Last decent pics I got of it before it went:

Sad to let it go, so then promptly bought it's replacement from Adrian back at the end of august.

It's a 2009 370Z GT Ultimate Edition with the 7AT gearbox. Paddle Shift was defiantly part of my criteria when it came to getting a 370 for me so I am happy to tick that off the list

It's a low mileage CAT D with just over 24K on the clock. Originally taken in by RT-performance after the incident a few years ago. A full write up can be found on their website of the damage, and repair work carried out on it.
#

It comes with a few nice mods already in place, such as the retrimmed steering wheel, R35 GTR gear knob and braided lines with DS200 pads.

Thankfully a perk of the purchase meant I was able to start my ownership with a full respray. Its going 'Visual Pearl'. A nissan peal white, which is a bit whiter than normal 370z's.

How it looked when I made the purchase

Being as it was in the bodyshop I took advantage of this and made my first purchase.

An amuse style bodykit from RT. Haven't got any out of the box pictures but consists of
-Front bumper
-Rear bumper
-Side skirts

Thankfully it's already dewipered, but I requested for the roof and wing mirrors to be painted gloss black and that we keep it debadged.

The wing unfortunately requires a little more work when it comes to sourcing it, with it having to come from either Japan of America. Though I finally have it sorted, they just need to make it so a few months yet

Threw into the deal at the time of purchase was a set of new TORQEN S coilovers. So to help keep the car in alignment after I bought some Eibach rear camber arms.

The car was in the bodyshop for just over 3 months, so getting impatient I started loading up the house with some parts
Firstly I got my headlight internals painted black, with white bezals.

Had to get a picture with them next to my facelift 350Z lights I never got round to fitting..

Also bought some Recaro Cross Sporster CS seats. Leather with suede centres

So I sent off my headlights back off to RT along with some jap sized plates I had made up ready for the new bumpers.

Next up was the exhaust. Plan was always to take the GTR systemt that I had on the 350 and get it on the 370. But Steve really wanted it and somehow convinced me it would be better for him to buy me a new one. So we left it on the 350 and he drove me up to Peterborough to pick up the replacement. Once we got it back I set about making a start in preparation for taking it up to Grant @ GCF.
In all its glory with just the midpipe cut and tips removed (getting quite a collection now!)

progress

It was filthy

looking better

And even had a little go with taking some flames to it to play around with the burnt look. Iv since cleaned it up and I was to clean it up more, but will defiantly be doing this again at the end

Bodyshop pics to follow!

Last edited by Scott_f91; 07-13-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Scott_f91 is offline   Reply With Quote