View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 06:34 PM   #61 (permalink)
darkphantom
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 Z34 PW M6
darkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond reputedarkphantom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossJ View Post
New poster here. I usually just lurk, but I just had this happen to me the other day.

On the interstate, only had the car (2013 touring sport - 22k miles) on for about5 mins, was going to pass someone - I was going around 65 and the car felt super sluggish. Put pedal to floor and crawled during acceleration. Would go higher in speed but felt like I was in 6th gear at 15mph, ... Turned car off. Turned it back on 10 minutes later, no issues.

Power came back.

Took to dealership for oil change. No codes, couldn't repeat it.

Edit: also, the dealership said, most of the time this happens because the brake sensor or whatever is being triggered. So next time it happens pull up in the brake and see if that fixes it.
Wow, i've got a '13 touring sport too and same thing! Dealer didn't see anything when I took it in for an oil change.

As for the brake sensor - I don't know about that...if you're driving and you lightly tap on the brake and the accelerator, you will know instantly that you can't accelerate. It wasn't that type of feeling but rather the car accelerated rather slowly.

I took apart the intake and cleaned out the Throttle body (which wasn't all that dirty) and also cleaned the MAF sensors. I didn't have time to take off the bumper and look at the intake filter but i'll let you guys know if cleaning the TBs/MAF helped.