View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
xnick101
Base Member

Drives: 2008 6MT G37
xnick101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
You'll need new injectors, pump, clutch, flywheel and csc. The exhaust will be a major bottleneck. Not to mention you'll need gauges, a boost controller, an oil cooler, ecutek or uprev and dyno time, plugs and most likely a new radiator. Budget $15k for the full package and an additional couple of bucks in reserve if the motor lets go.

Look into the BP kit. The vsr kit has some really bad decisions the way it's been set up.
Yeah I figured this much. I already have uprev, ecutek doesn't work on my car since its an 08. Going with DW fuel pump and GTR fuel injectors. Southbend quiet disk flywheel and stage 2 clutch. Exhaust will probably have to be custom made. But why the new radiator, even Fast Intentions says they don't have any coolant issues using the stock one. I don't plan to go to VSR. But I will be providing all the parts, I just want the VSR like top mount single kit. Someone else will be doing the fabrication for the manifold, rest is on me. But in all honesty I think the VSR kit wasn't the issue, its the tuner. There are a couple guys on here pushing 600 WHP with that kit and have no issues but they were all tuned by other people. I have done a bit of research on forced induction on this motor and have seen a couple cars being turboed and tuned. To my understanding the reasons these cars are blowing up is due to people that don't understand the VQ/VVEL setup tuning them. Also they are not watching the compression, you need to keep compression as low as possible because with the 11:1 stock compression ratio plus boost is too much pressure inside the combustion chamber, causing internal parts to come loose or break/bend. Fast intentions recently just did a g37 with 80k miles with their TT kit pushing 650 whp on stock internals. The motor just needs to setup correctly.

Last edited by xnick101; 12-27-2015 at 03:32 PM.
xnick101 is offline   Reply With Quote