View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dragon_Ball_Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo& Sport/Touring
Dragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond reputeDragon_Ball_Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pedal Engaging Low help!!!

Hey guys, I need your help. I upgraded my rotors, brake lines (to stainless steel lines), calipers (from base to sports), pads (to stop tech) and bled the brake lines 3 times. I can not get away from the pedal engaging low before the brakes are starting to apply. I have to push the brakes down 2 inches before they engage and will stop more the farther i push. I bled the system 3 times with a motive power bleeder at 15psi with Valvoline synthetic and got all the air out but did not bleed the abs module with a scan tool (I was reading that the abs module may have air in it). The brakes will stop fine once engaged, no lights are on on the dash. Master cylinder isn't leaking or anything. Is it necessary to take the car to a dealer for the abs module to be bled? The brake booster seems to be fine, I'm doing a psi test on it tomorrow, the rpms don't drop or anything when i push the brakes. I checked all the lines and there are no leaks. Also i got the calipers rebuilt and had to leave the brake lines off for a month while a waiting on my powdercoater to give the calipers back (this didn't help lol) , I'm not sure if air got into the module or what happened. Any help would be appreciated. The main problem I am having is that the pedal doesn't want to engage the brakes until it is pushed down 2 inches, almost all the way to the floor. The harder i push the pedal, the more stopping power i have
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2083.jpg (611.5 KB, 23 views)