View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #75 (permalink)
TPrelude-370z
Base Member

Drives: 09-Tour-Sport-MB-6MT
TPrelude-370z is on a distinguished road

easy gentleman, no reason to get into a brand war, that's so silly. I have now driven both and I can say the 135i is fun to drive. It has a lot of potential and I was pleasantly surprised. Eye of the beholder guys, both cars are fun. Remember, I have had the Z for 4 years. I have had a ton of fun in it and drove it like it should be driven. It's not about which car is better, this isn't motor trend, it was just about speed and power potential. The Z eventually taps out with typical bolt ons without spending a fortune on FI. The BMW has a lot of potential and it will be a great journey to make it quicker, and hopefully better looking.

I was shocked they let me drive the bmw solo. I drove it like it was stolen, even in the rain no TC. I know it's going to be a blast when it's dry. I just drove it home today and I really do enjoy driving it. I love the tq and it is already pretty quick in stock form. I can't imagine how fun it will be when I install the JB4 and a couple small bolt ons. They are great at the Carmax by me, I see why they get such great reviews. They are holding my Z for the entire 5 day return period, so worst case I grab it back no harm no foul. I doubt I will though, I'm already enjoying looking up parts and all the possibilities. Someone will grab that Z and have a blast with it just like I did. It's so much fun just getting used to a new beast. Two totally different cars. I'm focusing on the positives instead of the negatives (mainly having a back seat).

The BMW was perfect, not a scratch on it. I can tell it has been a commuter car all it's life. It sounds like a prius, but I will change that soon. I'm going to paint the stock rims gloss black, toss on some springs, tints, and it will be good to go for the winter. Summer time I'll get a nice set of rims/tires. I don't have buyers remorse at all. They didn't even care if I bought the car or not. Zero pressure, didn't even try to get me to buy the 2k warranty. I was already prepared with my rebuttal and didn't even get to use it.

I'm so appreciative of everyone who responded. Had I not gotten all this feedback and done my research, I would have been lost. I will let you guys know as soon as I get the JB4 installed over the next couple days. I'm pretty sure that will make up my mind for me.
TPrelude-370z is offline   Reply With Quote