View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
AngelSoulll
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37S 6MT
AngelSoulll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
I really don't think you need that crankvent system. I've never heard of that being needed for WI. That would be more of an issue for a blower or turbo, I think. You just won't see much change in crankcase pressure.

Also, as I said in my PM -- you really should play with the tune before all this... WI is another trip to the dyno, a whole new tank and lines to keep track of -- a lot goes into it.
For the crank vent system, my only concern is the possibility of the water meth mix going to the crankcase from the small tube going from the intake piping to the valve cover. As you may know that when the car is idling or throttle is partially pressed, that little tube acts as a fresh air feed to the crankcase to make up for the vacuum made by the intake manifold. When in WOT, the same port acts as a vent due to the low vacuum in the manifold cannot vent out the pressure inside the crankcase. So the flow of the fresh air going to the throttle body helps pulling the vented gasses coming from the valve cover though that tube.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Just need to make sure if I'm on the right track here.
AngelSoulll is offline   Reply With Quote