View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #557 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbn4LgwpT6A

Good video subaruwrxfan posted today.

He is right that similarly configured there is about a $5k difference with the Camaro being more expensive. Of course you get the HUD, mag ride, heated steering wheel, and dual mode exhaust with the Camaro.

Mustang might be easier to live with every day with more space and better visibility.

I am not really interested in buying a new car right now, but I would like to get out and drive the Camaro on a nice day.

I still prefer the look of the Mustang. It gives me a positive emotional response whereas I have no real reaction to the Camaro. I would be interested to see if that changes after driving it.

I drove the Mustang some time ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, though I felt like it still needed a bit more damping and spring rate. However the stock suspension was very comfortable and felt perfect for grand touring duty.

Curious to see if you could fit a car seat in either...
I'm sorry but I did some fact checking and I call mega ******** on the pricing and packaging...

First off, if we're comparing his facts to the Chevy turbo.
He's off

0-60/quarter mile (manual)
Mustang ecoboost 5.5 seconds/13.9 seconds
Mustang v6 5.5 seconds/14.1 seconds.
Camaro 2.0T 5.6 seconds/ 14.0 seconds
Camaro v6 5.1 seconds 13.7 seconds

Weight
Mustang ecoboost 3,532lbs
Mustang v6 3,526lbs
Camaro turbo 3,400lbs
Camaro v6 3,339 lbs

Mustang ecoboost premium base price
Approx $30,500
Camaro 2.0T 2LT (Premium pkg equiv)
Camaro v6 2LT

Being that the Camaro v6 performance is greatly superior to the mustang v6 or turbo. The Chevy turbo is comparable to both mustang models. Secondly, the difference in weight in turbo models is 132lbs. Anything under 75lbs is almost equal, over 75lbs IMHO is a fair bit small difference, but over 125lbs is a decent difference. There's a 221lb difference between the v6. That's SIGNIFICANT

I view both turbos equally as you can't configure a mustang v6 with much. It's a base car in Ford where in Camaro 4 and 6 are more performance choices than base options. Base cars in both are 1LT packages. Not so much engines.

I configured a mustang, equally loaded to a turbo 4 mustang and the Camaro with manual transmission was
Approx $36,000 the mustang was $38,000 and the v6 was approximately $40,000. So I found the pricing perspective to have a lot of bias and subjectivity to the opinion. But when you load both cars out. You really see that the difference is miniscule. And at base price, you get more in your Camaro standard than you do in your Mustang

Everything else is his opinion, but facts were kind of skewed to show bias as to appease mustang fanboys.

SS guise, weights narrow up significantly against the GT. The SS is only 44 lbs lighter which is miniscule. But the Camaro engineering exceeds mustang significantly.
I will update on Max loaded prices momentarily

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 12-22-2015 at 09:17 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote