View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #93 (permalink)
katjmmx
Base Member

Drives: 09 Z34 TT E85 6MT
katjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
katjmmx, No news or no good news? Hope all is well.
Thanks for asking. Believe me…I wish I had something great to post. The news I have is not great. But it’s part of the process. There was a suspicious rattle from the clutch area that pushed the final product out another 2-4 weeks (4 being worst case scenario); what with pulling the trans and diagnosing the issue. The slightly depressing timeframe is due to the tech’s holiday travel plans, but also because MA isn’t going to send me home without a 100% perfect product. Quality control is killing me right now. I would’ve loved to get her back before Christmas as originally planned, but that’s just not going to happen. In fact I’d consider myself lucky to get her back before 2016. I am bummed…super bummed. Definitely put a bit of a damper on the holidays. But this is just how big builds go and MA still has my total faith and trust. I’m glad they’re taking a hard line with the issue - diagnosing and fixing this rattle now will undoubtedly save me future stress and heartache. They aren’t charging extra for the labor. There was some thought that maybe an ester race oil might clear things up, but of course the oil has to be ordered, and if that doesn’t work there will be further investigation etc. etc. etc. There’s even a slim chance it’s just par for the course noise from forged internals, but MA’s bottom line is they won’t let me take her home until everything is 100% perfect, and I can’t help but agree. Sad though it may be.

There is a pretty awesome silver lining. Pump gas tune at 9psi was close to 500whp. So there’s that. Stay tuned...

EDIT: Also E85 tuning is not complete which adds a little time on the end. The rattle issue popped up midway through finalizing the E85 maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
She must be out destroying tires! That's what I would be doing!!!
IF ONLY!
09 Z34 N #0060 F.I. #044
MA-Motorsports Fast Intentions EcuTek JWT ATS-Japan

Last edited by katjmmx; 12-21-2015 at 01:59 PM. Reason: uh
katjmmx is offline   Reply With Quote