View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 08:45 AM   #3225 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Thanks man!

Thanks bud, I appreciate the kind words! I love bokeh, I would use it on literally everything if I could, but there is a time and a place for everything. As of right now I will only really be doing automotive/model/wedding photography. I do some night shots and landscape/sky scenes too, but the majority of my work is cars. I was exaggerating with 23 lenses, I just mean I don't want to have to buy an SUV to lug all my camera equipment around. I'd like to have a few versatile lenses so that I can do the most types of shots with the least amount of gear. I'll probably do the package deal with the D750 and the 24-120 f4.0 (I think that was it) lens for like $2300 on amazon. I'll have my 35 prime and the zoom, then I'll save up for one of the other lenses you guys listed earlier.
I've been a collector of Nikon and Hasselblad for as long as I've been shooting so I've managed to accumulate quite a few cameras and lenses over the years.
Don't carry them all with me on the shoots though!
I can get a ton of gear in the back of the Z if needed ... 2 lights with stands and modifiers, tripod, big camera case, and my working bag.

Have shot over 800 weddings/events as well in addition to PR and commercial work.
As far as the weddings go most brides and grooms [and parents] are used to straight on straight flash pictures and don't really understand or appreciate too much creativity.
They think something is wrong if the pictures don't look like deer caught in the headlights.
All those nice artsy pictures usually end up on the cutting room floor when it comes to buying pictures.
Those big fast lenses get to be heavy carrying them around [and get in and out of the case], they get beat up bad, and you don't get to use them very often wide open...so no real point to it there.
I tried the 85 f1.4 on a job once ... too long in tight quarters at the brides house, slow to focus [and the bride complained that her one eye was out of focus on a 45* shot] , so I started using the 50mm f1.4 for selective focus and available light shots - it was just the right lens for the job... it focused fast and accurate and I wasn't forever trying to back up knocking into coffee tables.
If you really like the creative stuff you might like to hire yourself on as a 2nd photographer doing the candids and off angle shots as the main photographer does the set ups.
I ended up doing that for a few years and that I did enjoy...
Hope this helps