View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 05:56 PM   #65 (permalink)
jaytirbhaw
Track Member

Drives: 350z HR , Nismo 370z
jaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura aboutjaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura aboutjaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
I am heartbroken.

2 hours into my trip to Houston yesterday...this.

Everyone is OK and no other cars were involved. I lost control of the car cruising at 80mph on the interstate, it was raining.

I am an idiot about two things. 1) I didn't know the dangers of using cruise on wet roads. I know now. 2) I check my tired periodically, but right in the center my rears are worn pretty well and I probably should have gotten new tires. There was still tread but not a ton, I didn't notice. Make sure you get your head all the way down there to check.

So, what now? I am still flying to Houston to see family. My brother-in-law wants to go car shopping tomorrow... I am willing to take a look. If they total the car (not sure this will happen, but that rear wheel is not sitting straight any more) I will be elated. If they fix it, I will sell it ASAP either way. I am planning on getting another Z regardless, love the car and couldn't bear to go get a BRZ or something instead.

So, gonna check out a couple Z's tomorrow in houston and if I happen to find a match, then game on with the turbo kit. If not... it will have to wait a year. =( I am so very disappointed in what happened, but feel so lucky things didn't go worse. I have been dreaming of what this week was supposed to be since 2008 when I got a 350z.

I'll keep you guys up to date with what happens. Poor one out for my Pearl White.

damn it bro, that sucks man. Glad no one got hurt. hoping that it works out for the best for you
2014 Nismo #350 , Built Motor, Top Mount Single Turbo .... 620 whp/ 500 lbs wtq
2012 Track/Drift Z, build coming soon.
Build Thread - http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...70z-build.html
jaytirbhaw is offline   Reply With Quote