View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Factory NAV Retrofit Install for Touring Models

Hey guys,
I assume nobody on this forum has done this yet, and it may have been asked before, but does anyone know if the Touring + Sports package (no NAV) model has the wiring ready for the factory NAV? I remember reading some posts before that states a base model or no touring model isn't equipped with wiring for retro fitting a factory NAV.

Does anyone know if the Steering wheel controls for a Touring model (No NAV) is the same as the Touring model with a NAV? It should have pretty much most of the wiring and components installed right?

Questions:
1) Is the steering wheel mounted controls the same?
2) Is the audio feed cable located inside the arm rest compartment on the NAV different than the No NAV? (I would think so because the NAV version has a USB and video input)
3) Is the Satellite receive already installed for the touring model as it comes with XM ready? Does the antenna cable go all the way up to behind the radio unit?
4) Are there any other wiring a Touring (no NAV) model does not have & a Touring (NAV) model have and is really a pain-in-the-*** to order or install after the car is already fully assembled; which ultimately makes this whole project not worth while?

The reason I am asking this is because I am thinkinng of getting a 40th Anniversary Edition 370z early next year, and it may not have the NAV option. It's essential a Touring + Sports package. So if that's the case, I'd be interested in being one of the first to do a retro it factory NAV installation; I also wouldn't mind doing a detailed write up on it too. If any of you are interested in helping me out finding the answers to the above questions, I'd be more than happy to share any knowledge, DIY info once I get my 370Z. Thanks!

Last edited by scruffydog; 12-22-2009 at 10:31 AM.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote