View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNISMO View Post
For some reason on cars, the bore gets scored. The Audi 4.2 motor is really bad and it's also happening on the 996 and 997 911 Porsches. I'll take an aluminum block with steel or iron cylinders and no direct injection either. Just leads to problems right around the time the warranty experises.
I've tried to find issues with this coating online.... I couldn't find anything concerning unreliability on a broad spectrum. In fact, it seems to be the preferred coating for racing engines.
Since our engines are NISSANIZED Mercedes engines. I looked up the Mercedes engine reliability on there turbo built engines. It seems Mercedes is a leader in turbocharged reliability...

I'm totally confident in this new VR. The one thing Nissan and Mercedes have both had in common are bullet proof engines. If Porsche was the partner? Maybe I'd have concern?

Porsche~Audi~Volkswagen are there own group and will share their own issues.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 12-16-2015 at 08:11 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote