View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
Inspector71
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 Pearl White Z
Inspector71 is on a distinguished road
Default My thoughts exactly

I asked the woman at McCarthy Nissan, Blue Springs, how the clutch fluid got dirty in such a closed system. No answer. The reservoir was still full. The next two times, it was low or empty. I asked where the fluid had gone? No answer. I asked why the car didn't come with GTR fluid in the first place. No answer. I could find no evidence of a leak. A local mechanic told me most likely the CSC, which as rubber diaphragms or seals, leaks, and the fluid goes into the transmission where it is burned up or something. I found none under the car ever and couldn't figure out where it went. McCarthy Nissan shrugged their shoulders in response. Okay, the 2nd failure happened within a month of expiration of my extended warranty. I asked, since it had already happened twice, would they cover it if it happened a third time after expiration considering it was an ongoing problem. They said no, because, they had "fixed" it already so if it happened again, it must be a new problem. When they told me they never heard of this problem, I downloaded pages from this forum and showed them the many postings. I handed it to them and I am sure it went into the trash. The new Nissan dealer where I service my car says they never heard of the problem either. I hate spoiling your day with this information but, if you hear the same story, maybe you are getting the same run around??
I am driving to Texas this weekend, my dad is dying, and hoping it does not go out on the way. If all goes well, I am still making the change at 3 years with the aftermarket slave and master cylinder. I don't know what a double clutch is but I may look at that too.
Don't let the dealer try and tell you this is a rare or unique problem. It is not.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote