View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #54 (permalink)
Rnchdude
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z 6M Roadster
Rnchdude is on a distinguished road

Ok so it failed again. And this seemed to work for me: contacting Nissan USA and calmly using phrasing such as: your inadequate instructions to fix the known issue may put me, my passenger, and others on the road at risk due to subsequent failure of the clutch/transmission. I would hate for Nissan to be found negligent in not proactively authorizing appropriate repairs that could otherwise have prevented injury and property damage. That got a call within hours to the dealership from the "regional" rep at Nissan. I was asked to bring the car back in and they pulled the transmission, found that the CSC was faulty. I will still write to NHTSA and file the issue, as I think that's an important tool.

The Nissan rep tried to explain to me that the Warranty Dept is not in any way connected to their Consumer complaints team, but I stressed that if the "flow chart" used to instruct dealers on how to service/repair the issue is inadequate and potentially injurious, then Warranty better update their guidelines.
Rnchdude is offline   Reply With Quote