View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the JWT lightweight flywheel installed. While at idle it does produce some chatter and it's obvious enough that people have commented on it while standing next to the car. I don't find it to be obtrusive or bothersome though some might. But my car is more purpose built.

A lightweight flywheel robs less power from the engine, as an engine accelerates through its rev range; a flywheel’s mass requires power to accelerate it to higher rpm. The stock flywheel weighs 32 lbs. My JWT flywheel is 16 lbs. A sizeable weight drop. It takes a bit more clutch slippage to get off the line smoothly but it's really not a substantial change.

The JWT flywheel coupled with the JWT clutch and pressure plate yielded a gain of 6whp and 4ft. lbs. of torque on the dyno in my car.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote