View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Apex2Apex
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370Z
Apex2Apex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
I have a 2015 base. It appears there are two speakers, one in each door, and that is it. There are what appear to be speaker covers at each corner of the dash. Am I correct? If I upgrade to a better Nissan radio, will I be able to have speakers put there? I am not interested in nav and all that, just a better sounding radio and speakers. Thanks.
The base model has four speakers. The two door speakers and the two speakers on the dash. I have a 2015 base model and just finished the DIY install of a new system.

I installed a new head unit, door speakers, amp and Zenclusre box w/10" sub.

Night and day.

Edit: I just saw your edit. For head unit pricing it depends on what you are looking for. If you want a touch screen you're looking at $200 + for a decent one. If you don't care about touch screen you can get a really good single din unit for less than $200. There are a ton of variables with cost, it just depends on what you are looking for. I suck at wiring as well and had a buddy help me wire the head unit and steering wheel controls. I installed the AMP (easy) and the back up camera (easy). It's just time consuming. If you were closer I would be more than happy to help.

There's also a ton of into in the DIY sections. Don't be afraid to ask!

Last edited by Apex2Apex; 12-15-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Apex2Apex is offline   Reply With Quote