View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 01:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
mastatikle
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6M
mastatikle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
May 2014. My clutch gets spongy and then goes to the floor. I drove a long way home in 3rd gear, no choice. I have it towed. They say the clutch fluid is dirty, change it, and it works. August, same year, same thing and had it towed both times. They bled the system and said air was in the line. September, same year, same story, this time it is the fault of the DOT. I needed GTR DOT, which they put in. Worked again. Late October, started going soft again. Warranty had expired the week before. Sold the car.
That's literally how the first part of my story went exactly. "The clutch fluid was contaminated so we replaced the master cylinder" then it got softer over the next couple months until it went to the floor. It's pretty stiff now. Like stiff enough to were I have to get used to driving it again aha. I just need it to last a few more months. So I've been driving my other cars and taking it easy on this one. How'd you manage to sell the car with the soft clutch? Now if the CSC fails wouldn't the clutch be stuck to the ground permanently until it was replaced? I'm not sure how replacing the fluid would get it going again.
mastatikle is offline   Reply With Quote