View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #1912 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
The first pic is the fuse box. Reference the back side of the little fuse box door in the kick panel. I hardwired the dash cam and mirror auto-dim/compass wiring to the add-a-fuse circuit and then plugged that fuse into the Audio/Mirror fuse slot (after removing the OEM low profile fuse of course). I used the bolt to the lower left of the fuse box as my ground. The second add-a-fuse circuit in my pic on the left side of the fuse box is the Homelink wiring for my mirror that has to be run off the battery; I tapped into the Push Eng Start (ignition) for my battery source.

The second and third pics are a couple I took showing how I ran the wiring. I just tucked the wiring into the headliner, and then down the a-pillar. Pull the weather stripping out so you can tuck it down behind the dash. Once I ran the wiring and replaced the a-pillar, I was actually able to pull the wiring from either the kick panel end or the mirror end to get the length just right.

Note you can find the add-a-fuse circuits at your local auto parts store. It'll be a normal mini fuse, not a low profile mini fuse like the OEM ones in this particular fuse box. So make sure you also get a couple of normal mini 10A fuses at the same time if you don't already have some.
Looks way easier to understand now. Regular fuses and not the minis. I'll have to figure out how to remove the pillar without the airbag exploding. Doesn't look that hard. Suppose to be warm this weekend, i'll def be giving it a shot. Thanks again so much!!!