View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #1911 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

The first pic is the fuse box. Reference the back side of the little fuse box door in the kick panel. I hardwired the dash cam and mirror auto-dim/compass wiring to the add-a-fuse circuit and then plugged that fuse into the Audio/Mirror fuse slot (after removing the OEM low profile fuse of course). I used the bolt to the lower left of the fuse box as my ground. The second add-a-fuse circuit in my pic on the left side of the fuse box is the Homelink wiring for my mirror that has to be run off the battery; I tapped into the Push Eng Start (ignition) for my battery source.

The second and third pics are a couple I took showing how I ran the wiring. I just tucked the wiring into the headliner, and then down the a-pillar. Pull the weather stripping out so you can tuck it down behind the dash. Once I ran the wiring and replaced the a-pillar, I was actually able to pull the wiring from either the kick panel end or the mirror end to get the length just right.

Note you can find the add-a-fuse circuits at your local auto parts store. It'll be a normal mini fuse, not a low profile mini fuse like the OEM ones in this particular fuse box. So make sure you also get a couple of normal mini 10A fuses at the same time if you don't already have some.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0047[1].jpg (607.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0045[1].jpg (707.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0046[1].jpg (756.3 KB, 7 views)

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |