View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #88 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Gas tank update.

So I can't fill up at a gas pump unless I trickle the fuel in and can't use a gas can unless I use a long hose attached to go down inside the filler neck past the 1/8th vent tube. If the hose or pumps to short the fuel spits back out because the vent tube is getting fuel in it. I'm guessing this is happening because the charcoal canister and evap stuff must have also been a vent when filling. Also when I take the gas cap off I hear a lot air being released or getting sucked into the tank! Now I know the gas cap will 100% vent if the pressure builds to high but I'm guessing that's in the 20psi range when I tested with my compressor.

So simple fix...I hope. I need a vent to atmos vent. I found this Boyd roll over check valve. The reason I went with this one was because after I cut and capped the 1/8th vent line (white one), after starting the car and shutting it off with a full tank of gas, 5 minutes later I hear the vent hose blowing gas out of it all of a sudden! After the car was off the fuel pump or something was releasing pressure or something in the tank and out it came. This Boyd check valve has a plastic float in it acting like an anti slosh plug. It also has a metal ball in it to plug the valve in a roll over.

So here's hoping my filling will be real easy now and here's hoping the plastic plug will stop fuel from coming out again like it did today or on the track when turning hard. The check valve will attach to a hose that will attach to the metal vent line. The barb end will get a little screen or filter on it and it'll all be behind the plastic filler neck cover.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RDy_FbQNw70