View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larso1 View Post
As a few mentioned above, there's no reason not to at least show the Z (and maybe also the GTR) in the model lineup, if for no other reason than adding a little sporting gravitas to the Nissan image. I mean, they need it! It's so disappointing that most all the new Nissan models are now CVT trannys. How "non-sporting" can you get? It's become a lineup of "granny cars" with pretty sheet metal.

Commercials and air time cost money. You think every second counts in a drag race? You should look into what each second costs for tv air time, esp. during prime time.

btw, not everyone is in the market for a sports car. nissan will invest their money in commercials that will reach a bigger audience and market than what the Z's/GTR's reach for. how much of a return on investment do you think nissan will get from advertising heavier on the Z and GTR?

and who are you to say what nissan needs?