View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 08:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Just curious why are you putting bass blockers on those tweeters? You're running a MS* which can cross them over with no issue, or using the crossover that came with the speakers would make more sense.

I'm running them active with the MS8, and planned to from the beginning so I bought raw drivers, no crossovers.
I did it that way so I would have more control over the sound and added the capacitors or 'bass blockers' to protect the tweeters from DC during system turn on. That's the only reason, they are several octaves away from the crossover point I have on the MS8, so their only function is tweeter protection, not as a crossover of sorts.

Sent from my 6+