View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I tried again today. No luck. Im surprised that link to HANS says keep the belts at 20* below horizontal and not above. Maybe its HANS only that way as ive always read with a race belt it should be above horizontal.
The FIA HANS writeup says:

2.4 The rear section of the shoulder strap should slope downwards from the uppermost point of
contact with the HANSŪ-belt-bearing-surface to the anchorage point on the car, preferably at about
20° below the horizontal, angles between 0° and 20° being acceptable as shown in Figure 4.

So it can be between horizontal and maximum of 20-degrees below horizontal ... understanding why they recommend less than horizontal is a question for the FIA and HANS engineers ....

I was with you .... horizontal belts were the way to go (in my mind because it is a "straight pull" and absence of spinal compression but since friction between belt and HANS device in integral to its operation, maybe that is the reason ... pure speculation on my part tho'
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote